The Cyren Antivirus solution delivers unprecedented virus protection detection. However, no solution is perfect and sometimes messages contain viruses but are sent to the end-users (false negatives) or legitimate business and personal correspondence may be mistakenly identified as having a virus (false positives). By reporting any cases of false negatives and, more importantly, any cases of false positives to Cyren, it is feasible to improve the overall performance even further.
To identify the reason for the misclassification, Cyren will need to analyze the file.
How to report a misclassification?
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information:
- Your first and last name, and your company if applicable.
- The misclassification reason:
- False Negative - undetected malware or
- False Positive - if you think the file in question was falsely classified as malware
- The file in question has to be added to a ZIP archive which needs to be protected by the password "infected". Please attach this ZIP to the email.
PLEASE NOTE: Emails containing malware which was not added to a password protected ZIP will most probably not be accepted by email@example.com. In this case you will get a reject message.
Submitting samples via FTP
Our new ftp server is set up with ssl encryption and anonymous logins are disabled
We recommend using dedicated FTP client like Filezilla (https://filezilla-project.org/download.php).
Below is a step-by-step guide on how to use our new ftp server:
- Open Filezilla and go to File>Site Manager>New site
- Fill required settings in General tab:
- host: ftp.avsubmit.com or IP: 184.108.40.206
- Port: 21
- encryption: "Use explicit FTP over TLS if available"
- logon type: "Ask for password'
- User: sample
- Password: ftpupload
- Press "Connect"
- Accept server certificate:
- You should be connected to ftp server
- Your ftp client log should look something like:
Resolving address of
Status: Connecting to 220.127.116.11:21...
Status: Connection established, waiting
Status: Initializing TLS...
Status: Verifying certificate...
Status: TLS connection established.
Status: Retrieving directory listing...
Status: Calculating timezone offset of server...
Status: Timezone offset of server is 0 seconds.
Status: Directory listing of
- You can now upload your samples
Please Note: Once the transfer of the sample to this FTP Server has completed it will not be visible.