The challenge to keep unwanted network traffic outside the network perimeter is never-ending. Spammers and hackers continually evolve and change their methods to evade traditional perimeter security solutions.
Messaging security vendors can now achieve unprecedented performance and detection levels, blocking zombie traffic before it enters customer networks. Utilizing the world’s most comprehensive email security network—Cyren’s GlobalView™ Cloud—our embedded IP Reputation real-time analysis will:
- Identify hundreds of thousands of new zombies (compromised accounts and host computers) everyday
- Continuously track traffic from tens of millions of IP addresses
- Accurately classify billions of email messages per week in real-time
A global view of reputation
Cyren’s GlobalView Cloud compiles both historical and up-to-the-minute sender reputation data from highly diverse traffic sources in every country, with coverage from managed services and network hardware devices to desktop software. Our patented Recurrent Pattern Detection™ technology automatically aggregates this high-level view of all senders, distinguishing in real time between legitimate corporate senders, valid publishers, zombies, and spammers/malware distributors.
The scale of the ‘zombie’ problem
The following illustrates the scale and scope of the challenge posed by compromised (zombie) host computers:
- Zombies send 85% of all spam, an estimated 120 billion messages a day
- Around 200,000-500,000 zombies ‘come alive’ everyday
- A typical zombie botnet sends up to 1 billion messages in a few hours
- There are typically 10,000–200,000 zombies in a single botnet
- 5–10 million zombies are active on any given day