In part 4 (or is it 5 or 6) of our coverage of Google abuse we present a phishing attack targeting adwords users. Actually it’s just a shade over 2 years since we last discussed adwords phishing attacks. This one almost had us convinced for about half a second with some fine phishing touches:
- It only targets users of adwords – there can’t be too many of those, right?
- The bold date from the same day
- The link is somewhat convincing: “http://adwords.google-dm.com/…..”
- The link in the fine-print section is genuine
- English is not terribly awful