With this function, clients can specify that one e-mail type is to be handled in exactly the same way as another. Please note that this also involves copying the entire eXpurgate header information from one category to another, thereby overwriting the old eXpurgate header. However, prior to implementing this action, you have the option of introducing additional rules for the e-mail types in question. For example, you have the opportunity to add your own headers which, despite the equal treatment function, will still be displayed in the future. This allows users to continue to differentiate between e-mail types.
This function and the "Deliver to" rule are mutually exclusive. To change this, you need to delete the exclusionary rule first.
1. SELECT THE E-MAIL CATEGORY WHICH YOU WISH TO HAVE TREATED IN THE SAME WAY AS ANOTHER CATEGORY FROM THE TOP DROPDOWN MENU.
2. THEN CLICK THE "SELECT" BUTTON.
3. NOW DELETE THE "DELIVER TO ..." RULE BY CLICKING THE DELETE SYMBOL.
4. IN THE NEXT WINDOW, PLEASE CLICK THE MARKING TO THE LEFT OF THE "HANDLE THIS E-MAIL TYPE AS" LINE.
5. PLEASE NOW SELECT THE DESIRED CATEGORY FROM THE DROPDOWN MENU.
6. THEN CLICK THE "ADD ACTION" BUTTON.
In this example, the "dangerous" e-mail type is to be treated in the same way as Spam in the future.
7. TO SAVE YOUR SETTINGS, PLEASE CLICK THE "SAVE ALL" BUTTON.
Now you can introduce additional settings as you see fit.
eXpurgate's default setting treats the "bulk.advertising" and "bulk.porn" categories in the same way as Spam. You need to delete this rule prior to changing this setting.
IMPORTANT: The "Discard Changes" button cancels all modifications made to the e-mail type in question.