Move your email security to the cloud
Our award-winning spam, malware and phishing detection capabilities — deployed on our highly available global security SaaS infrastructure — ensure uninterrupted email communication with industry-leading protection for your business.
Features of Cyren EmailSecurity include:
- Anti-Spam: Cyren sees a significant percentage of global email traffic and blocks over 50 billion spam emails daily. We offer highly accurate spam filtering and email categorization capable of differentiating between unwanted spam and legitimate bulk email, such as newsletters.
- Anti-Malware: Our proprietary cloud-delivered malware detection recognizes outbreaks of new email-driven malware attacks globally within seconds of their first appearance and protects your users from known and previously unknown viruses, worms, and trojans sent as email attachments or distributed from malicous URLs or compromised sites.
- Anti-Phishing: Users have continuous, instant protection from phishing attacks, hijacked websites, and fake URLs impersonating legitimate web sites. This includes protection from fast-moving phishing sites and ransomware attacks, with our GlobalView threat intelligence cloud tracking thousands of new phishing sites daily — 25% of phishing sites are only active for less than 2 hours — combined with advanced link inspection and other techniques to stay a step ahead.
- Protection from Distributed Denial of Service (DDOS) attacks: Cyren's massive cloud operations and email security infrastructure protect your email infrastructure. Our intelligent email flow control acts as an email firewall to protect you from large-scale attacks, ensuring email continuity and prompt delivery of legitimate emails at all times.
- High Reliability: Cyren EmailSecurity operates from ISO/IEC 27001:2005 certified data centers and provides a contractual SLA for operational availability.
- Meets Data Privacy Standards: Compliant with both US and stricter European standards.
- Encryption: Secures email using Transport Layer Security (TLS).
- Outbound Scanning: Optional scanning of all outgoing emails for spam and malware.
- Quarantine: Our high rate of threat detection and accurate spam classification make quarantine management nearly unnecessary, but affected emails are cached with lists available at customizable time intervals to facilitate any needed quarantine management.
- Reject Mode: Enables advanced email review during SMTP dialog and the ability to reject messages categorized as spam before the email server accepts them. This minimizes the use of quarantine.
- Mailtracking: Allows companies to track email transactions and follow-up on ‘lost’ email immediately
Superior Performance. Reduced Costs.
- Low SaaS TCO—no maintenance requirements, no administration, and no updates required
- Higher cost-efficiency through the elimination of hardware resources
- Increased customer satisfaction—secure, uninterrupted business-related email communications
- Maximum data protection with our certified infrastructure
Powerful Analytics Deliver Maximum Protection
Cyren EmailSecurity uses a suite of unique spam, phishing and malware detection technologies. It examines email at many levels for the key characteristics of spam, phishing, and virus outbreaks, including applying Cyren-patented techniques to email distribution patterns globally. Such pattern detection -- in addition to signature-based and heuristics-based detection methods -- generates a unique identifier that is compared to other email identifiers. This method provides high-quality detection for determining whether an email is, for example, part of a bulk mailing. Additional inspection procedures allow for reliable differentiation between undesired (spam, phishing and malware outbreaks) and desired (e.g., newsletters) bulk emails.
How it works
Cyren EmailSecurity works for customers as an upstream email server. Upon changing the MX record, incoming emails are first sent to the Cyren cloud and checked before being sent to the recipient, without perceptible delay.
All incoming and (optionally) outgoing emails are processed via Cyren's email security infrastructure, where they are checked for spam and viruses. A web interface gives customers control over individual email categories. Customers can individually configure the settings for how to treat spam and malware.
Spam can be rejected (reject mode), tagged and delivered, or quarantined. The web interface also provides customers with comprehensive reporting features that display the latest spam levels, spam development as compared to other categories, or spam as a share of overall email volume.
Outbound inspection (Mail-Relay) is an add-on which provides reliable protection against spam, phishing, viruses, and other malware for outgoing email correspondence. Outbound scanning also offers a crucial line of defense against botnets which may have infiltrated your network—these hijack corporate computers and use them for spamming. A potential consequence is that your network may be identified as a spammer and end up on blacklists, limiting or even stopping your business-related email communications altogether.
Cyren's outbound scanning provides detailed reports on whether spam or malware is being sent from the company’s network and whether any corporate computers have been infected with botnets.
Guarantees secure email communication with select communication partners using SMTP add-on TLS (Transport Layer Security) to encrypt the email transmission route.
Our market-leading spam identification rate, combined with elimination of incorrect flagging of business-related emails as spam (near-zero false positives), renders the quarantine of filtered emails unnecessary. However, if an organization’s requirements demand a quarantine feature, affected emails are cached on the Cyren EmailSecurity platform, and users receive a list of available emails and can opt to have them redelivered with a click of the mouse. The quarantine solution also supports automated upload of user accounts, e.g., from LDAP or Active Directory.
As best practice, Cyren recommends that customers check their emails during the SMTP dialog and reject messages categorized as spam before the email server accepts them. Advantages of this approach are that the responsibility for the email is not transferred to the receiving server and that the sender receives an error notification about unsuccessful delivery. This guarantees that the sender will be notified that their email could not be delivered in the highly unlikely case of a false positive.
Mail tracking provides the ultimate transparency when it comes to emails checked with EmailSecurity. Companies can track each email transaction and follow up on any user inquiries about lost emails immediately.
Our Mail Tracking Control Center lets administrators run specific searches by sender, recipient, email category, Cyren-issued ID, and email treatment (e.g., rejects, delete, tag and deliver). The search period can be customized.